Pages

Sunday, 25 December 2011

A Merry Christmas Indeed!

After weeks (or a month) of absence, I am here to greet everyone of you a wonderful Christmas!

Red Velvet Cupcakes

This is my second Christmas here in Dubai, and I have to confess that here, I barely feel Christmas at all. Unlike here, in Philippines, as soon as ber months enter, you can already warmly feel the holiday spirit enveloping the whole country. Soon, lights and decors will fill every house, smell of delicious Christmas delicacies will embrace the air in the streets, and the love of giving and sharing will entwine every people's hearts.

But even if I am miles and miles away from my Motherland, I am still here, smiling and celebrating. Christmas is not about where you are and where you stand, it is not about those beautiful lights and glorious decors, and it's not about those fancy gifts and presence either. But I realised that being able to celebrate God's love and blessings with your family and friends is more than enough to give heartwarming joy as we rejoice our Saviour Jesus Christ's birth.

My Kimmidoll mug in Noriko (beauty)

So what have I been up to for the past 3 days? Preparing for Nochebuena. It literally means "Good night" in Spanish, but this term is used to describe a traditional family dinner on Christmas Eve. I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Traditional Cheese Cake. We also prepared dumplings, baked macaroni, pancit bihon (thin noodles), and Kare-Kare (oxtail beef stew in peanut sauce).

After the dinner and eating came everyone's favourite part -presents. Okay, I was excited too. I mean, who does not like gifts? I got a Japanese stationery, a Kimmidoll mug in Beauty, a Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer, and some pocket money.

So basically, that's how my Christmas Eve went for this year. Tomorrow we'll head to church and attend Tagalog Mass, and hopefully go to an amusement park. I want to make the most of this holiday as I would be really busy as soon as the new school term starts next year (and also the reason why I was on hiatus for a month; exams and volunteer work). 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a pinch of your thought?