Pages

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Double bash, double cupcakes!

My carrot cupcake with cream cheese frosting(centre) and rainbow cupcake with buttercream frosting (both ends)

Just a quick post about the celebration of two special lovely ladies' birthday this April.

Today is my little sister's 11th birthday and so, because of her love for the colour orange I baked her carrot cupcakes (recipe here). And the same as the carrot cake I baked before, I super love the cream cheese frosting! Too bad I'm not that adept in piping it yet, see the awkwardness of the frosting above? And like any birthday celebrations, we made the usual Filipino cuisines; Kare-kare, sinigang, shrimp with oyster sauce, and pancit palabok. We also baked cheese buttercream cake and fresh-made iced tea.

I actually had my IGCSE ICT practicals in the morning. When I got home, visitors had already arrived. After awhile, I went out of house and went to my friend's house for our Youth for Christ meeting. Supposedly, I wasn't planning to go since it's my sister's birthday, but I still went for my close friend who had her birthday last Monday, April 16th. I surprised her with my rainbow cupcake, except that I messed the colours up! 

For the recipe, I adapted it here. I had to improvise a bit in here and there since I didn't have any cake flour in my cupboard. I didn't have any sprinkles to garnish too, so I crumbled one cupcake and drizzled it on top. And for the liners, I got it in Daiso for 7 dhs; cheap yet really cute!

Sweet dreams, everyone.

10 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to bake your sister cupcakes~ :)
    & thank you for following me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm those cupcakes look delicious, great job baking them!!


    XO J
    www.style-worthwhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa such cute cupcakes~! looking forward to your upcoming posts!

    ♥ whimsicalityindisguise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't kisss the rain, instead the rain kisses you, repeatedly. As if it were afraid you wouldn't be there tommorow or the day after.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a pinch of your thought?