Pages

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Happy Easter!

 
Lemon Frosted Lemon Pound Cake

It's been awhile, isn't it? 

Happy Easter, everyone! Let us rejoice as our King has risen again.

I am totally aware of my absence. Exams just finished last week and we are now in the midst of preparations for our upcoming IGCSE exams. Sigh, a life of a student.

How was this Lent season? I would admit that I didn't do much actually. I minimised my usual doings and tried to fast from sweet and indulgent food. Which I totally failed horribly. And so, to celebrate this Easter's, I baked Joyofbaking's Lemon Frosted Lemon Cake. It turned our really great! Tangy yet sweet at the same time, just my favourite!

Even though we're not in Philippines anymore, we make sure that we still do our tradition and complete Easter by attending the Holy mass in church. This just brings nostalgic memories. Easter for me was never about eggs or bunnies but it's about every customs and traditions that most Filipinos do during the season; fasting, abstinence, devotional parades and plays, and reflections. I was brought up in a country where people devote themselves as a Christian throughout the whole season, from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday.

I want to keep this post short. I'll probably be absent again with the exams coming up. Prom is around the corner too. So until then, a great Easter to everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a pinch of your thought?