Pages

Saturday, 28 July 2012

Day 26: A Fictional Character You Admire

photo by Sherlockian

"Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent." - Sherlock Holmes, A Case of Identity.

From theatre to television, from book to manga. Name it and I'm certain that I'll be able to give you at least ten characters that I admire. But since the topic calls for a sole character, I must only name one. And you may have guessed already-- by the picture and quote, that I'm entitling this post to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's creation, Sherlock Holmes. Even though I enjoy reading and watching materials of mystery/detective fiction genre, it wasn't until recently that I became a Sherlockian. I started reading a bit of A Study in Scarlet in our school library which eventually led me to buy more Sherlock books for my own. What I admire the about Holmes, apart from his extraordinary intellect, is his ability to perceive things beyond what average person does. I find his oddities and idiosyncrasies entertaining too.

Alas, I know that the quality of my wits are not even half of Sherlock Holmes but it inspires me to look at matters with better comprehension. After all, everything can be just elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a pinch of your thought?