|Baked Spaghetti with White Cheese Sauce; excuse my photography skills|
Mother does know best.
One of my favourite food is my mom's spaghetti which is, coincidentally, our tonight's dinner. Yes,one of my favourites since it's nearly impossible for me to pick out just one dish. Aforementioned, I'm a zealous lover of my mom's spaghetti since I was a kid. It's a quite a surprise when she suddenly came up with her new improvised spaghetti topped with some white sauce and placed it on our table. Mind you though, this is Filipino styled, so expect it to be sweet than your a regular spaghetti, oh, and also some sausage!
Baked Spaghetti with White Sauce (Filipino Style)
Recipe by: my mom
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 onion, minced.
- 250g ground meat of your own choice.
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced.
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced.
- 1 carrot, diced.
- 560g Filipino style spaghetti sauce.
- 80g liver spread.
- 50g butter.
- 350ml evaporated milk.
- 160g all purpose cream.
- 10 cheese slices.
- 1 cup chopped hotdog, fried.
- 500g spaghetti noodles.
- For the spaghetti sauce. Saute garlic and onion. Add ground pork until brown in colour. Add mushroom, celery, bell pepper, and carrots. Saute for few more minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and liver spread. Let simmer for ten minutes.
- For the white sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add milk, cream, cheese slices and mix until well incorporated. Wait until it finally thickens and form a smooth sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180° C and place the rack in the center. Boil spaghetti as per instructions on the packet and mix in with the spaghetti sauce.
- Put spaghetti on a 9 x 13 inch pan. Place fried hotdog and pour white sauce on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes.